What is Acupuncture
What is Acupuncture
In traditional Chinese medicine, acupuncture is linked to the belief that disease is caused by disruptions to the flow of energy, or qi, in the body. Acupuncture is the stimulation of specific points on the body by insertion of very fine needles to elicit a predictable physiological response.
This stimulus may also be administered to the points using mild electrical stimulation, pressure techniques or the application of heat.
What to Expect at Your 1st Appointment
- Seeing an acupuncturist will be like just visiting a new doctor.
- We will consult with you to learn about your medical history and current symptoms.
- We will perform a Chinese Medicine examination by taking the wrist pulse and looking at the tongue.
- We will then determine and discuss with you a proper treatment plan.
- Our top priority is making you feel comfortable with acupuncture. We will answer all your questions any time throughout our visit.
Learn More About Acupuncture
In conjuction with Acupuncture Treatment, we also offer Cupping.
Originating in China, cupping is the process of using cups placed on the skin with suction to initiate healing and blood flow. Gaining popularity in recent years by professional and amateur athletes, cupping has been known to help with healing and recovery.
In addition to athletes, many people use cupping therapy to help increase blood circulation, detoxify the body, release muscle tension, and promote cell repair. As with most holistic treatments, the focus of cupping therapy is to promote the flow of Qi throughout your body.
What should I expect with a cupping treatment?
Does cupping hurt?
Still not sure if cupping treatment is right for you?
During your initial visit, we can help determine what type of treatment is right for you and answer any questions you may have. Get started by booking an appointment below.
Ask a question or book an appointment below.