What is Acupuncture?
In traditional Chinese medicine, acupuncture is linked to the belief that disease is caused by disruptions to the flow of energy, or qi, in the body. Acupuncture is the stimulation of specific points on the body by insertion of very fine needles to elicit a predictable physiological response.
This stimulus may also be administered to the points using mild electrical stimulation, pressure techniques or the application of heat.
Learn More About Acupuncture
What to Expect at Your 1st Appointment
- Seeing an acupuncturist will be like just visiting a new doctor.
- We will consult with you to learn about your medical history and current symptoms.
- We will perform a Chinese Medicine examination by taking the wrist pulse and looking at the tongue.
- We will then determine and discuss with you a proper treatment plan.
- Our top priority is making you feel comfortable with acupuncture. We will answer all your questions any time throughout our visit.
Your first appointment includes discussing your full history, talking about your current condition, developing a treatment plan and your first treatment.
Follow Up Treatments
Following your treatment plan, we will perform your follow up treatments on a pre-determined schedule.
*This is a discounted self-pay rate. Please contact us if you have insurance.
Ask a question or book an appointment below.